Saturday, June 13, 2009

Still at Stanmore

Paul is still at Stanmore as his leg is painful and he needs regular morphine to control it.

So, in between his foot microfracture (slow to heal under chemo), his new wound from the lymph node surgery, his thigh pain (from inflammation?) and the prosthesis that is slightly stiff (as not mobilized), his left leg is not moving much, which in turn, worsens the pain.

He is in bed all day long (for a few weeks now) as he is very lethargic after six months of intensive chemotherapy and five weeks of continuous antibiotics (given low immunity and low grade fever).

We forced him today to do two sessions of physio exercices to build up the body muscles.

He is fed by the NG tube and is gradually reaching the daily minimum requirement.
We have stopped the weight loss (-4kg ie -10% of his initial weight).
He will slowly gain weight as we increase the feeding debit and he eats normal food (still almost nothing).

In between the nurses and doctors ongoing visits, reading, playing on the computer, watching a movie, days do go by...

Suzy left today to Dubai. Corinne arrived from Hamburg.

And Clara is having a great time with Sylvain, a talented tennis coach, and her cousins LĂ©ana and Alexandra.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Paul,
    Hi there. My name is Kelly Arens and I found your story here. I am 41 and I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma at the tibia in Dec. 2006. I had limb salvage surgery in 2007 and I am now cancer free! I really enjoy meeting others who are facing what I went through. You can read more about me and my family at www.carepages/carepages/KellyArens You are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are a fighter just like me! Stay strong Paul! Live, Laugh, Love, Kelly Arens and Family-Ionia, Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear all,,

    Hope things get better and the last course of chemo starts soon.

    My warmest hugs to our Prince, Paul.

    Ouma

    ReplyDelete